Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Barnum's Animal Crackers, ahhhhhh

Growing up I loved these animal crackers. Even now just seeing the box brings a smile to my face. Way back when you could cut the box and make the box have wheels. On one side of the box you could cut out the animals. I love the handle on the box as well.
They have changed the cookie in the last 10 years or so... They are now fluffy. I have to say I do not like what they did to the cookies. The taste is basically the same...BUT the rheology is soooooo not what it was. Rheology is a big deal! It is the way the food feels in your mouth when you are biting, chewing, and basically eating a food. By making this cracker(cookie) more fluffy it changes the rheology/ the way you experience the product. I still like the animal cracker packaging, that string that transforms it into a purse like product, and tearing open that wax paper inner wrapping. The crackers themselves, well I could just take 'em or leave them. Would I buy the again...yes...duh.

No comments: